Monday, February 24, 2014

Wish

You gotta love grunge to appreciate this card! and it started with the theme for stamp club this month which was to replace a stamped letter with an image.   I chose one of my printed deli papers but I added more designs (the hexagons and ink splatters) that were stenciled with ink.  I also added some ink to the top edge and let it run down the card and I added the black splatters by running my thumb across a toothbrush.

"Wish" was stamped and cut out and I hand cut the candle to replace the "I."  For a little glitz I added some sequins; the flame and letters have some glittery pen accents.

I tore the bottom edge of the card and adhered a contrasting color of cardstock to the card inside.  I thought it contrasted with the grungy design better than the original white cardstock.


No comments:

Post a Comment