Sunday, February 23, 2014

Primative Look

A manila tag was completely covered with the stenciling using red and yellow paint.  Three different stencils were used--triangles, stripes and a chevron design.

To enhance the stenciling I traced the triangles with a black pen.  After the stamped mask image was put in place I added some silver pearls.  I stamped the mask, added some red colored pencil and a bit of glitter pen, cut it out and matted it with black. The tag is adhered directly to the card but the mask is popped up.

I stamped a leaf randomly on the card front and stenciled the chevron pattern using Versamark ink.

If I had seen that tag available commercially, I would have had no interest in it but since I was determined to use what I made, it became a challenge to put something together that worked.  It's good to give the brain and artistic muse a good challenge now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment