Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tagged Again

All that was stenciled or printed directly on this tag was the blue hexagon design.  It wasn't totally successful in that the embossing paste found its way under the stencil but that's part of the learning process and it was still useable.  I used white embossing paste, added blue embossing powder while it was wet and heated it after the paste was dry.  Research indicated that the embossing powder bubbles if it is heated while the paste is wet.   The other background color is the deli paper that I ripped up and adhered with matte medium.  I matted the tag with contrasting cardstock. and it is popped up with foam tape.

There was a circular design as part of the print which seemed ideal for some text that I hand wrote.  The flowers and leaves were die cut and I added some sparkly stickers, an arrow clip and a small ribbon bow.

I adhered printed deli wrap to the front of the card, cut the leading edge and added a punched border.

It was nice that I decided to try the stenciling and the gelli plate at the  time I also thought it would be good to again make some cards with tags.  It's a nice marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment