Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Autumn Theme


I designed this card for our stamp club exchange.  We were challenged to use a leaf theme and a technique we hadn't tried before.  My technique resulted in  the colorful background. Using a ledger background stamp and a stamp positioner I stamped the background in one color.  I moved it slightly, inked it with a different color and made a second impression.  I repeated the method a third time with a third color.

I added a strip of burlap, some ribbon  and three gold "candee."  The leaf was also a new technique.  I used white pigment ink for a resist, added Distress Ink for color and then stamped the leaf in black and cut it out.  The completed focal piece was matted with  dark brown and adhered to the front of the card.  Then I used a sylus and scoring board to create some dimension on the card itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment