Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall Color

I always look forward to the wood vine changing color in the fall and it's something I will miss after we move.  It varies from yellow to orange to red and the little purple berries add a dark contrast.  Of course most places it covers the fence quite extensively but I liked how this single string of leaves was growing next to the white fence.  And while the color looks pretty good, it's not as vibrant as it usually is.  The wood vine is following the example of the trees and not putting on a great show of color this year.  Later the starlings will come by the dozens and pick off all of the berries.  I don't know how they survive in such numbers when there seems to be less food available but they seem to be thriving.  But I regress.  Happy Fall, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment