The upper photo was taken from the train yesterday as we passed by the new wildfire that had started just a few hours earlier near Rifle (about 60 miles east of Grand Junction). It seemed to grow as we traveled by it but our perspective changed so I can't actually say that it did. We wondered if the darker smoke to the left was an indication that water was being put on the fire. It's far from a great photo due to the power lines and window reflections but I thought I'd share what we saw.
This was the second card that I made for the stamp club "sewing" theme. I electronically cut three sizes of ovals, two on patterned paper that I created by using a "tone on tone" method with rubber stamps. I used my machine to stitch down the center of the carefully placed ovals and then cut the support piece into a circle. I pulled up the top two layers of ovals but, of course, going through the mail they will get flattened again. The flourishes are die cut and the flower is multi layers of punched flowers. I added jewels for the flower center and as little embellishments near each flourish. The card front was folder embossed. My sewing machine got a good workout recently.