Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Die Cut Window


I haven't often use my dies to create a window in a card but perhaps I'll do more of that in the future.  I adhered the text paper to the card front before making the cut.  I also used the same die and its "big brother" to cut the frame.  The butterfly, flower and flourish are also die cuts with the butterfly adhered to the card inside as you can see in the second image.  Rhinestones were added for the butterfly's body, flower center and as accent to the corners of the frame.

I think there should always be something on the inside of the card that isn't visible from the outside so I added another flower and a text banner.  The banner seemed to fit better on the left so there's lots of space for a hand-written message on the right.

In retrospect the patterned paper maybe wasn't the best choice for the other elements (or vice versa?) but I think it's acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment