Monday, May 7, 2012

Chevrons

I'm laughing at myself for taking the looonnng way around on this card.  I used a zig zag die cut on three shades of green cardstock and yellow cardstock.  I placed them side-by-side and adhered them in place and then cut them into strips.  What I originally intended to do was stagger the different colors for a different look but instead I put them back together the same as they were originally!  I guess you call that a less in futility.  The flower is Tim Holtz's die, Tattered Flowers and I inked the ends of the petals.  The leaves are punched and textured with an embossing folder.  The butterfly is a die cut with ink added and I embellished with a gold brad for the flower center and added strips of narrow ribbon with gold metallic edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment