Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One Sheet Wonder No. 1

We traveled recently and were away from home for a couple of weeks.  I knew there would be some time where I could be creative so I took the minimal equipment in a traveling stamp kit that I always have on hand (scissors, glue, tape, etc - things I use all the time at home).

Remember the "One Sheet Wonder" cards we did a few years back?  That's where one 8.5 x 11" sheet of paper is cut into various sizes of shapes and then used in card designs.  I cut the same shapes from a polka dot dark blue paper and a red patterned paper with stars.  I cut and folded cards in dark blue, red and white (since that's what coordinated with my cut pieces) and I also took a sheet of each of the same colored cardstock.  I grabbed some white embossed pieces of cardstock, too.  For embellishment I  took some star punches and a package of flowers I got in a dollar bin.

I was able to complete the front of eight cards while we were away and will be showing them in the coming days.  It was a good reminder to me that a lot can be done with the simplest materials. 

1 comment: